While most of us know Chia from the popular and peculiar Chia Pets, Chia is far more than a humorous ornamental plant. Chia (Salvia hispanica) is one of the best-known plant sources of healthy fatty acids, which account for almost two-thirds of Chia's total fatty acid make-up. Chia Seeds are also an excellent source of fiber and a good source of calcium.
7 Good Reasons To Start Eating Chia Seeds
1. Help weight loss. Chia seeds are popular for weight loss. They reduce food cravings by preventing some of the food that you eat from getting absorbed into your system. This blockage of calorie absorption makes them a great diet helper.
2. Feel fuller faster: They can also help your diet by making you feel full. This is because they absorb 10 times their weight in water, forming a bulky gel.
3. Hydration for athletes: They are also great for athletes because the "chia gel" can hydrate the body.
4. Reduce your blood pressure: There's evidence to suggest they can reduce blood pressure.
5. Omega-3: They are the richest plant source of Omega-3 (the vital fats that protect against inflammationï¿½such as arthritisï¿½and heart disease). In fact, they contain more Omega-3 than salmon!
6. Benefits for diabetes: Because chia seeds slow down how fast our bodies convert carbohydrates into simple sugars, studies indicate they can control blood sugar. This leads scientists to believe chia seeds may have great benefits for diabetics.
7. They are easier to digest than flax seeds, and don't need to be ground up.
Suggested Use:NOW Real Food Organic Black Chia Seeds are a tasty treat with a mild flavor that can be eaten on their own or added to many of your favorite recipes. They are also an excellent topping for salads, yogurts, puddings, and more.
Ingredients: Organic Black Chia Seeds (Salvia hispanica) (Non-GMO).
Naturally occurring fatty acids (example) (per serving)**
Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Alpha Linolenic Acid) 2.2 g (2,200 mg)
Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Linoleic Acid) 0.7 g (700 mg)
**subject to natural variability
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We are independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Fresher ingredients simply taste better, which is why this product is packaged using NOW Fresh Fill Technology, a natural blend of carbon dioxide and nitrogen that displaces oxygen in the bag to maximize flavor and freshness.
Made In U.S.A
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool dry place, tightly closed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.