Nothing captures the essence of the holidays quite like a peppermint sweet treat, making these sugar-free peppermint meringues are an absolute must-have for your holiday festive menu!
2 large egg whites
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 cup Xylitol
1-2 drops Better Stevia Peppermint Cookie
1-2 drops red food coloring (optional)
Crushed peppermint (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 225°F (107°C) and line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites together with the BetterStevia, salt, and cream of tartar. Gradually add the xylitol, continuing to beat until the mixture stiff peaks are formed.
- If you'd like to add some festive-feels, add 1-2 drops of red food coloring onto the mixture and gently swirl it around. Be mindful not to mix the food coloring in completely – this will help to achieve the red swirls in the white egg mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets, spacing them about one inch apart.
- If you're using crushed peppermint, sprinkle it over the meringues.
- Bake the meringues for 1½ hours until they are be completely dry on the inside. Be careful not to let them turn brown.
- Turn off the oven, open the door, and allow the meringues to cool completely inside the oven.
- Once cooled, loosen the meringues from the foil and enjoy!
- Store the remaining meringues in a container, loosely covered with parchment paper, in a cool, dry spot for up to 2 months.
Enjoy these delightful and festive meringues as a sugar-free, guilt-free treat.
We promise, you won't be getting enough of these any time soon!