Happy National Banana Bread Day!
In celebration of National Banana Bread Day, we made these incredibly scrumptious Rule One Banana Bread Protein Muffins and they are AMAZING.
Moist, fluffy, packed with protein and sprinkled with chocolate chips – you’ll want to finish them all in one go! It’s a healthier version of the classic, much-loved banana bread, just in muffin-form. It’s oat flour-based, sugar free, protein-rich and unbelievably tasty. What’s not to love?!
Give them a try!
Tip: Use the ripest bananas that you can find! This recipe does not contain any sugar and it's the bananas that add a natural sweetness to the muffins. The riper the bananas, the sweeter your muffins will turn out. No ripe bananas in your kitchen? No problem! Spoon University has a few hacks to ripen your bananas at home in no time.
Rule One Banana Bread Protein Muffins with Chocolate Chips
Makes 12 muffins
14oz (400g) ripe bananas (roughly 4-5 bananas)
2/3 cup (140g) Now Food Organic Rolled Oats blended to oat flour. (We used this blender to make our own oat flour. It's super fast and convenient).
3 scoops (90g) RULE ONE 100% whey protein powder. (We recommend the Vanilla Ice Cream or Frozen Banana flavors for this recipe).
1.5 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
2oz (56g) chocolate chips (We opted for a 'no-sugar added' chocolate chip).
3/8 cup (100 ml) plant-based milk of your choice
2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line or lightly grease a muffin tin.
- Blend the Now Food Organic Rolled Oats in a food processor until it resembles oat flour.
- To a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, protein powder and baking soda.
- Add your ripened bananas to a small plate and mash with a fork. Now add the mashed banana to the dry ingredients.
- Blend the plant-based milk, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the muffin mixture evenly into the muffin tin, a spoonful at a time, until filled up.
- Add a couple of chocolate chips to each muffin.
- Bake the muffins on the middle oven rack for about 25 minutes. Test with a toothpick - if the toothpick comes out clean, your muffins are ready.
- Allow the muffin tin to cool down before transferring the individual muffins to a wire rack to cool down completely!
- ENJOY and remember to tag us @dailyvitashop when you try out this recipe.